Although the digital landscape has changed considerably over the last few years, search engine optimization remains a very effective marketing strategy for most companies particularly for small businesses. With the help of professional SEO services, even a small business owner in Timbuktu can have a website that gets a lot of traffic.
The following are five benefits of search engine optimization for business owners:
- Increased traffic-perhaps the top benefit that business owners get from having a search engine optimized website is that it can increase the traffic. This happens when their websites land on the first page of the search results. Most Internet users only browse the websites that appear in the first page of a Google search. With SEO, websitescan get on that coveted first page which then translates to higher traffic.
- Return of investment—SEO offers results that are quantifiable and trackable. This is very important to business owners as they can measure their return of investment. SEO firms can track almost every aspect of their SEO campaign, from increases in traffic, search engine result rankings, and conversions. These companies can also provide other important information like demographics of users.
- Cost Effective. One of the reasons why SEO remains very popular among business owners is that it is a very cost effective marketing strategy. It targets users who are actively looking for products and services online. Thus, companies that engage the services of a reputable SEO agency can be assured that its campaign would only net Internet users who are looking for the product or company that they are offering. In terms of pricing, SEO is also very affordable which makes it very appealing to small firms with very limited marketing budget.
- Increased brand awareness. Aside from getting a lot of traffic, getting to the first page of a Google search result is important for building the brand of small companies.People will automatically get the impression that websites on the first page of a Google search result are legit and trustworthy.
Internet users trust Google, and that trust can be somehow transferred to the websites that appear on the first page of a Google search result.
- Broader reach. In the past, the only way for companies to reach their target market was to advertise through traditional media such as broadcast and print. But with SEO, small firms can do so if they hook up with a trusted SEO agency. With a good SEO campaign, small businesses can reach their target audiences for a very small cost.
Moreover, small firms can get customers from various parts of the world. A start-up firm in Minnesota, for instance, will be able to get clients from other parts of the country without having to advertise on national TV or broadsheets.