Now, handling the proper interior design of a country styled house is definitely a challenge. Unlike the contemporary home, a country style one is going to require cozy furniture and accessories that provide the entire place with a warm appeal. With this in mind, you might consider using country curtain style valances and country style tiers here. The latter is a fabric panel which is usually used to cover the bottom half of your window. It is, however, accompanied by a valance or a swag which hangs at the top half.
We can help you find out cheap country style valances in order to properly decorate your home and dress up your windows without having to spend a small fortune. However, the more challenging part would be to properly hang them. We have prepared a step-by-step guide on how to do it properly without any complications.
How to Hang Country Style Tiers and Country Curtain Style Valances
Regardless of whether you are going to hang valances or tiers, there are quite a few things that are rather universal, and you’d have to account for them. With this in mind, let’s take a look.
- Measure the window. That’s essential in order to get the right measurements to pick the appropriate length of the valances and the tiers.
- Mount drapery hardware at the height that you desire. Keep in mind that tiers usually look best if the rod is leveled with the top of the lower sash of the window.
- Insert the rod into the brackets and measure the length. After that, you want to multiply the length of the road by 1.5 or 2 times in order to get the finalized width.
- Choose tiers which are going to meet the requirements of the width that you desire. Keep in mind that if your window is particularly wide, you might need two tiers, for instance.
- Remove the drapery rod from the brackets and slide the tiers into the road and make sure to replace it back in the brackets right afterwards.
As you can see, country style tiers and country curtain style valances aren’t as easy to install but with a bit of patience, you might be able to handle it yourself. Keep in mind that the tiers are usually available in a wide range of lengths so you can choose the one that best fits your personal preferences.